Fall/Winter 2019/20 Positions now open!
Deadline to apply - August ( date coming soon)
We will proceed with interviews as soon as applications come in, so we urge you to apply well before the August deadline.
Vanier College hires students leaders for our Peer Mentor Program in the summer and fall/winter. We look for upper-level students with strong leadership potential, a solid academic record, experience or knowledge of Peer Mentoring programs, and the ability to work both independently and as a team. The ideal candidate will be able available to work in both the summer and fall/winter terms.
Depending on the time of year, the time commitment ranges from 10 - 15 hours a week. Duties include:
- coordinating with the College Head and staff
- developing and overseeing the volunteer peer mentor program
- developing and updating the peer mentor web site
- planning and participating in Academic Orientation
- building and participating in Peer Mentor training
- data management and assessment of the peer mentor program
Where can I find job postings?
Jobs will be available for viewing on the Career Centre website. Login into the Experience York portal through Passport York, then select what campus employment program you are interested in. For example, if you want to find Work/Study positions, follow these easy steps:
- Click the Search Postings red tab from the top.
- Click on York University Career Centre Job Postings.
- Click Job Search.
- Choose RAY, Work/Study, or LEAP in the Position Type drop-down menu.
- Click Search Job Postings.
- Instructions for applying for RAY, Work/Study or LEAP positions are found at the bottom in the box labelled Application Information.
How do I know if I am eligible for the program(s)?
- Undergraduate students must begin by completing the online Student Financial Profile (SFP) which will determine your eligibility.
- The employer will advise you of your eligibility during the interview process.
Applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum GPA of 7.0.
- Major in one of the Vanier affiliated programs; BUSO, ECON, CCY, HUMA, PHIL, COGS or have a background as an Undeclared Major.