York Orientation Day | Vanier College Academic Orientation
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Colleges at York University are vital hubs of connection for students and faculty. Each academic program of study is affiliated with a College; your program is affiliated with Vanier College.
Vanier College provides a warm, friendly setting for students to meet other students, faculty, and staff members. Not only do we host the Fall Orientation for your program, we also collaborate with your respective program to offer workshops suited to your program of study. These workshops are designed to help you in every aspect of university life, such as essay writing, library skills, time management, and choosing a major.
REGISTER for York Orientation Day via YU Start Login Page
Where: Near the end of August, you will receive a ticket in the mail, as well as an email, indicating your "program-specific" venue.
For Check-in bring your YU-Card and Ticket
More information about York Orientation Day
Welcome to Vanier College, York University!
The Master’s Office at Vanier College invites you to Vanier's Academic Orientation on Friday, January 5th, 2018, 12:30pm – 3:15pm in Room 135 Vanier College. This Orientation is specific to your program of study, and is mandatory for all incoming students. Whether you are coming from high school, transferring from a community college or entering as an international student, Academic Orientation will help you make a successful transition to university life.
Agenda for Winter Academic Orientation, Friday Jan. 5:
12:30 Check-in room 135 Vanier College – Bring your YU-Card
1:00 Vanier College Master’s Office Welcome
1:30 Meet with your Program and Faculty
2:30 Peer Mentors: Meeting with experienced upper level students in your program
For more information: http://vanier.laps.yorku.ca/orientation/
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you on Friday, January 5th, 2018 for Vanier's Academic Orientation
- 85% of students attending Vanier's Orientation in September 2016 agreed or strongly agreed that this was a valuable experience.
- Students who attend Orientation have higher success rates in their first year.
Top ten reasons students liked attending Orientation
- I found it helpful to meet the coordinator of my program.
- I was able to meet my program adviser and ask questions.
- I liked connecting with other incoming students in my program.
- The peer mentors were very helpful and answered all my questions.
- I now know where to find things on campus.
- I learned how to get my money’s worth from tuition by accessing York resources and services.
- I learned how to balance my course load with other commitments.
- I learned important features of academic culture and how they differ from high school
- I learned about the amazing range of the social, athletic, and extracurricular opportunities at York.
- I learned what it means to be a part of the York and Vanier community.
Fall 2017 Orientation
York Orientation Day / Academic Orientation
Wednesday September 6, 2017
1:00pm - 8:00 pm
Sign up to attend York Orientation Day
View Vanier College Orientation Day Invitation
Where: During the end of August, you will receive a ticket in the mail, as well as an email, indicating your "program-specific" venue.
View Vanier College York Orientation Day Schedule
For Check-in bring your YU Card: yucard.info.yorku.ca and Ticket
Winter Academic Orientation 2017
Wednesday January 4, 9:30 - 3:00
Register Here Agenda
Why attend Academic Orientation?
- 85% of students attending Vanier's Orientation in January 2016 agreed this was a valuable experience
- Students who attend academic Orientation have higher success rates in their first year at York
What if your York friend told you not to come?
Vanier Summer Orientation 2016
Research has shown that student success rates improve with participation
in Orientation. Over 85% of our students find it a valuable experience.
We were delighted to welcome the new students at our Orientation on Saturday May 7. Students had a chance to meet with program coordinators, advisors, peer mentors and fellow students. Many also took advantage of a campus tour to check out their lecture halls, program office and other campus services. A big thank you to our wonderful peer mentor team who helped make this day such a success.
If you missed the orientation, you are welcome to come by the peer mentor office a 121 Vanier College to pick up your orientation kit and get caught up on what you missed.
Contact us if you have any question at firstname.lastname@example.org.