Fall 2017 Orientation
York Orientation Day / Academic Orientation
Wednesday September 6, 2017
1:00pm - 8:00 pm
Sign up to attend York Orientation Day
View Vanier College Orientation Day Invitation
Where: During the end of August, you will receive a ticket in the mail, as well as an email, indicating your "program-specific" venue.
View Vanier College York Orientation Day Schedule
For Check-in bring your YU Card: yucard.info.yorku.ca and Ticket
- 85% of students attending Vanier's Orientation in September 2016 agreed or strongly agreed that this was a valuable experience.
- Students who attend Orientation have higher success rates in their first year.
Top ten reasons students liked attending Orientation
- I found it helpful to meet the coordinator of my program.
- I was able to meet my program adviser and ask questions.
- I liked connecting with other incoming students in my program.
- The peer mentors were very helpful and answered all my questions.
- I now know where to find things on campus.
- I learned how to get my money’s worth from tuition by accessing York resources and services.
- I learned how to balance my course load with other commitments.
- I learned important features of academic culture and how they differ from high school
- I learned about the amazing range of the social, athletic, and extracurricular opportunities at York.
- I learned what it means to be a part of the York and Vanier community.
Winter Academic Orientation 2017
Wednesday January 4, 9:30 - 3:00
Register Here Agenda
Why attend Academic Orientation?
- 85% of students attending Vanier's Orientation in January 2016 agreed this was a valuable experience
- Students who attend academic Orientation have higher success rates in their first year at York
What if your York friend told you not to come?
Vanier Summer Orientation 2016
Research has shown that student success rates improve with participation
in Orientation. Over 85% of our students find it a valuable experience.
We were delighted to welcome the new students at our Orientation on Saturday May 7. Students had a chance to meet with program coordinators, advisors, peer mentors and fellow students. Many also took advantage of a campus tour to check out their lecture halls, program office and other campus services. A big thank you to our wonderful peer mentor team who helped make this day such a success.
If you missed the orientation, you are welcome to come by the peer mentor office a 121 Vanier College to pick up your orientation kit and get caught up on what you missed.
Contact us if you have any question at firstname.lastname@example.org.