Vanier College hires students leaders for our Peer Mentor Program in the summer and fall/winter. We look for upper-level students with strong leadership potential, a solid academic record, experience or knowledge of Peer Mentoring programs, and the ability to work both independently and as a team. The ideal candidate will be able available to work in both the summer and fall/winter terms.
Depending on the time of year, the time commitment ranges from 10 - 15 hours a week. Duties include:
- coordinating with the College Master and staff
- developing and overseeing the volunteer peer mentor program
- developing and updating the peer mentor web site
- planning and participating in Academic Orientation
- building and participating in Peer Mentor training
- data management and assessment of the peer mentor program
Application Deadlines: These positions have been filled for the summer/fall/winter of 2016-17. The next job posting will open in April 2017. To apply, please go to the Career Centre website http://careers.yorku.ca to submit your resume and covering letter.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be OSAP eligible.
- Qualify and maintain full-time status
- Have a minimum GPA of 6.5.
- Major in one of the Vanier affiliated programs; BUSO, ECON, CHST, PHIL, HUMA or have a background as an Undecided Major.